Who is excited to celebrate a WHOLE month of our favorite crafty hobbies?! ME, me, me! Once a year there is one whole month dedicated to crafters and it is coming up fast….like, this weekend! I thought we’d celebrate this month card making style. I’ve created a list of 31 ‘challenges’ using different card ‘recipes’ each day.
For each day in March you may enter 1 time each day using the prompt of the day. That’s 31 chances each for March to win a $50 gift card to my favorite online craft store Scrapbook.com Here’s the scoop:
- A project based on each daily prompt with a posted entry counts as 1 entry. You may enter 1 project daily March 1-31, 2020.
- The challenges will be rubber stamped cards.
- You may enter each day 1 time each person.
- Be sure to follow the daily card recipe.
- Use any card making products you wish.
- Simply follow the prompts, create a card and email your daily entry with a photo and link to it to: email@example.com. Include your name, credits to the products you used, email address, and blog if available. I will link back to your blog if applicable.
- If any special techniques we’d love to know but not required.
The winner will be notified via email on April 3rd, 2020, also via A Quirky Crafter newsletter and here on the blog. Be sure your email address and information is correct on your entry(s). The randomly selected winner will have until April 5th, 2020 to email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim the $50 gift certificate to Scrapbook.com
**by entering you are agreeing to have your artwork displayed in a gallery on the A Quirky Crafter blog.
HERE ARE THE DAILY PROMPTS! GET THOSE FINGERS INKY!
I’ll do my best to have a daily example up. Cause I wanna play too, lol. Don’t worry, I’m not eligible to win, my treat will be seeing everyone’s lovely creations! HAVE FUN! Follow along HERE with my daily challenge examples.
- Create a Spring card with colorful flowers and a Spring sentiment.
- Create a card of your choice and embellish with buttons and anything else your heart desires.
- Make a card using at least 2 of the colors on this palette, if you follow the coffee theme even better but not required. You may add black, white, as needed.
- Use at least one die cut on today’s card. Any type is fine, tag, background, stamp outline, etc.
- Visit my Card Making Pinterest Board and find a card to inspire you. Please visit the creator’s site and leave a comment. When you send your entry to me please include a link to that card.
- Stamp a floral image on to a kraft card using black ink. Don’t color the image. Embellish as desired using any colors you like.
- Today let’s do a monochromatic card. Any technique/style is ok but keep it monochromatic.
- Think cute animals. Stamp a card based on animals.
- Clean and Simple is what today is about. Any theme just keep it simple.
- Use a stencil somewhere on today’s card. Color it in whatever way you like, mixed media, sponge daubers, up to you!
- Make a shaped card. Heart, square, circle, etc, just anything but the ordinary rectangle.
- I’m thinking Easter, it can be bunnies, ducks, chicks, candy, eggs, or the real reason for the holiday, Jesus.
- Let’s do a card that makes us see rainbows, either figuratively or literally. I’m thinking a rainbow of colors, it’s open to interpretation.
- Use stitching on today’s card. Real, drawn on, stamped, embossed, or die cut.
- Today is all about birthdays! Anything goes!
- How about a card with no stamping? It can be die cuts, stickers, etc. Add stickers or die cuts for the sentiment.
- Today is all about black and white. Any style of card using only black and white papers, ink, embellishments, etc.
- Create a card using multiple shades of your favorite color. For me, that will be pink (funny I used to hate pink!).
- Use an ombre effect on today’s creation. It can be the background, the way the image is colored, etc.
- Make a nature scene using stamps, dies, inks, stencils, anything goes.
- Let’s do a geometric card, it can be the shape of the card or shapes on the card. Stamps, dies, stencils, use your imagination!
- Today anything goes on your card.
- Art journaling, that’s today’s theme. Show your personality through art journaling something about yourself.
- Show me your sense of humor! I want to see fun cards that make me smile and giggle.
- Let’s make a tag! A stand alone tag or use it on a card.
- Shake, shake, shake! Let’s see your shaker card techniques!
- Inside out, cut out a window on your card front and show us what’s inside.
- What’s your favorite technique? Show us what you’re made of!
- Today is about sympathy or get well cards.
- Here’s a recipe for you, card recipe that is: Use 2 pieces of patterned paper, 3 square shapes, 1 die cut sentiment/word, 1 bow, and anything else you choose.
- Show me pure happiness on this last day! I want to leave this month feeling happy for having got to spend the month crafting with you. Anything goes just so it’s happy, happy, happy 🙂
Now let’s breathe, lol, I’m worn out just from making this list. The next 31 days will be fun, though. I’m excited!
I’ll be back later today or tomorrow with the first day’s example…HERE.
Don’t forget to see my own takes on the challenges check out My Cards for the Month of Challenges.
**May contain affiliate links. I only promote products I use and highly recommend. Some products I review are sent to me at a discount or no charge. All opinions are mine. I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if purchase through my links. See my Disclosure for the full disclosure statement.**